Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 14/10/2009 at 2030 hrs accused Ravishankar abused his wife one Vidhya Ravishankar (39) W/o Ravishankar R/o Abhiman Palace Mannagudde Mangalore and son Shashank in filthy language near Preethi Apartments Sulthan Battery road Mangalore and gave life threat to them owing to family dispute.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 14/10/2009 at 2100 hrs accused Ananda Gowda, Girish, Yashawantha and Girish G all residents of Goodambe Markanja village Sullia Taluk abused Sheelavathi and her husband Radhakrishna Gowda R/o Dhola Markanja village Sullia Taluk in filthy language near Narkodu Markanja village Sullia Taluk and gave life threat to them owing to civil dispute between them.
Road Traffic Accidents: 01
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 15/10/2009 at 1615 hrs on NH 17 near Fire Service Station at Kuntikana Mangalore one driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-4285 drove his vehicle in rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-8580. As a result motorcycle rider one Sudhir Kumar R/o Kavoor Mullakadu Mangalore sustained simple injuries. The driver of lorry escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 14/10/2009 at 1100 hrs accused Victor, Canute and 4 others forming into an unlawful assembly and criminally trespassed into the land belonging to one Walter Stephanat Mendis (38) R/o near KPT Mangalore and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with deadly weapons and they also assaulted Girish and Yellappa who came to help Walter Stephan Mendis owing to civil dispute between them.
- A case under Rioting, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Mischief causing damage has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 14/10/2009 at 1030 hrs accused Walter Stephan Mendis, Flarence Mendis, Jagannath Shetty, Harish Shetty, Suresh Shetty and Sathish Shetty forming into an unlawful assembly and abused Victor D Souza, his mother and Clara D Souza in filthy language and assaulted Victor D Souza by hand and with iron rod and also damaged the compound wall owing to civil dispute between them.
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Hurt has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 15/10/2009 at 1230 hrs near Sri Devi college at Ballalbagh Mangalore accused Haricharan 2nd BCA student of Sri Devi college criminally restrained one Shakir Ali (22) R/o Kuloor Mangalore and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Lottery Control and Prize Compate Control Act has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 15/10/2009 at 1010 hrs on credible information PSI Sullia along with his staff conducted a raid on an open place near Jyothi circle Sullia Town and seized 303 Sikkim lotteries and Cash Rs. 470/ by arresting one Manjunatha (42) R/o Sriram pete Sullia Town who selling these lotteries illegally there.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. In between 1000 hrs and 1100 hrs of 15/10/2009 one Sundara (35) R/o Nellikatte Hosangadi village Belthangady Taluk committed suicide by consuming some poison near his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 1930 hrs of 14/10/2009 and 1200 hrs of 15/10/2009 One Shamshuddin (35) R/o Jeppu Mangalore went out from his Mobile shop and did not return there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 122
Fine amounts collected: 8,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.