The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 28/10/2009.
- A case under Burglary along with Dacoity has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 28/10/2009 at 0230 hrs 7 unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Subhashchandra Shetty (48) R/o Navagiri Nagara Kulai village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the back door lock and took away cash Rs. 4,00,000/, gold ornaments from the showcases and a Honda City car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MA-3660 all in worth Rs 20, 00,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 25/10/2009 at 0800 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Prathipaksha Trust at Bejai New road Mangalore belonging to one George Fernandez by breaking the door lock and committed a theft of 2 Copper Vessels (Hande) and 2 copper vessels all in worth Rs. 10,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 25/10/2009 at 1630 hrs some unknown culprits committed a theft of Hero Honda Splendor Plus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-3516 belonging to one Ravi Mendon (29) R/o Baikampady Mangalore that was parked near Break water at Panambur beach Mangalore. The Hero Honda Splendor Plus is of worth Rs. 30,000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 26/10/2009 at 1230 hrs accused Saba, Sanny and Idde criminally trespassed into the land at Manhikudu Shirady village Belthangady Taluk belonging to one Yeliyamma and abused her in filthy language and assaulted her with sickle and with wooden stick and also gave life threat to her owing civil dispute between them.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 27/10/2009 at 1730 hrs on NH-17 at Hosabettu village Mangalore Taluk one Avinash driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AB-888 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Ramani Valentin (73) a pedestrian and caused her serious injuries. Further she was admitted to A.J. hospital at Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on same day.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 27/10/2009 at 1405 hrs near Central Library at Gandhi Nagara Mangalore one driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8542 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied the break suddenly due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result Srinidhi, Srilaxmi and Dhanraj who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 24/10/2009 at 0815 hrs near Service Station at Pumpwell Mangalore one driver of KSRTC bus driver drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Shambhavi M.S. (20) R/o Belthangady Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 27/10/2009 at 0915 hrs at Charmady Ghaty Charmady village Belthangady Taluk one driver of mini lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-21-4829 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2514 driven by Muniswamiyappa. As a result mini lorry driver, cleaner of said mini lorry and Rekha Raju who was traveling in the KSRTC bus sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Hurt, Attempt to Murder along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 27/10/2009 at 0715 hrs at Bagilugadde Shirady village Belthangady Taluk accused one Ramanna Gowda attempted to murder one Susheela by assaulted him with sickle and gave life threat to her owing family dispute.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 25/10/2009 accused one Hameed @ Mohammed and Mahabala abused one Vasudasa (47) R/o Hosamane Perady village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him with stone and with sickle and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Boy missing has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. One Mohammed Azaruddin (17) R/o Krishnapura Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk left his house on 01/10/2009 at 0900 hrs and did not return to his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 378
Fine amounts collected: 38,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.